Monday, April 1, 2013

Let's eat!

I barely have time to update my personal online diary yet here I am starting a new blog. This has been on my mind for months now but the comings and goings in my family have prevented me from starting at once.

Welcome to my food blog!

I am a cooking enthusiast. Since I was a little girl, I have always watched my elders prepare our food- no matter how simple they are. I owe my acquired kitchen skills  to the people who raised me- my Inang Tale and my aunts. I always take pride in telling people that I come from a family of cooks and that my Amang Juan, Inang Tale's husband, was a cook of Gen. Miguel Malvar.before they met and married. That was a long, long time ago. I have no way of checking its veracity, but I took it as a bible truth.

In this blog, I will be posting pictures of foods that I myself prepared. I will share the ingredients I used but will omit the quantity. I believe every home cook knows which is less and which is more when it comes to taste. Please don't expect chef-quality foods here as I don't have their expertise-yet. The dishes that I will feature are those that I usually prepare for my family and friends- nothing fancy, but edible and non-toxic.

This blog is dedicated to my fans, those who love whatever kitchen magic I come up with. In order of appearance in my life they are- Timmy, Popoy, Nad, Joefel, Ann, Bajek and Aja. And oh, I almost forgot, there is this lady, Sherilyn, from the Heart Station of the Capitol Medical Center who wants me to adopt her only because she loves what I cook. This is for her, too.

If you noticed that the hubby is missing in the list, that's because he, in all of his 60 years, only appreciate pangat, prito and nilagang gulay. Hahaha!

For this intro, let me just post a picture of me in my best size so far since staying home to do the cooking. See you around!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Glad that you are documenting your recipes. On a personal note and preference, when I write down my recipes I write it in such a way that even a noob cook can follow it. It would include measurements and detailed procedure and any tips or techniques necessary. I write it down with my children in mind so that they can cook dishes they like even when I am not around. I have experienced heirloom recipes disappearing because it was never written down. I miss my Lola's cooking but cannot replicate it cause no one was interested enough to document them and she passed away when I was only in my early teens and was in Manila 90% of the time. I had no time to watch her cook. I have also taken to documenting heirloom recipes from my husband's side of the family. I used to write it down but have since converted them to computer files since my writing has gone from bad to worse that sometimes I can't even read my own writing ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cel! Thanks for dropping by.

      I love both writing and cooking, it works so well with me. But as you can see, I am just having fun giving out the simple recipes I've learned from just anybody. My main purpose is to create bridges between me and my kids/apos, hence the decision to do this blog. Later, when I'm gone, they could still come here and visit me. Even blogs have souls, I believe. Morbidity aside, I find pleasure in coming up with certain dishes that my family enjoys.

      I guess it's about time you do a blog on your baking adventures. You have attended baking lessons and done serious baking yourself so share your expertise with us now. See you around!

      Delete