Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Suwam na Alimasag

The hubby wanted soup, pronto! But market day is still on Saturday. So I took a peep in the ref. I found-

left over Alimasag na matataba
Spinach ( i think Popeye's blood runs in my veins)
Ginger
a pack of Misua



When i make suwam, i don't saute the ingredients. I want to eliminate oil in our food as much as possible. Anyway, my oldies used to make suwam this way. So, I chopped an average size onion and together with the crushed ginger, I put them in a stockpot with enough water and let it boil. I half-opened the alimasag so that its flavors will mix with the water, onion and ginger. When the stock boils, I added the alimasag and the misua at the same time, let it boil some more and added the seasonings ( patis and msg- really, I have no issues with msg). I put off the fire and added the spinach.

We had soup, pronto!


2 comments:

  1. c nanay ang mahilig magluto ng suwam na asuhos, pwede pala spinach...lagi na lg dahon ng sili...may soup na may ulam pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. kung lasa ang pag-uusapan, mas mainam ang dahong sili. spicy and tangy combined. pero kasi lagi akong bumibili ng spinach sa waltermart pagin season kasi maraming nagagawa, like salad and eto nga, sahog sa sabaw.masarap siya sa ginisang mais.

    ReplyDelete